5 Things You Don't Know About Reese Witherspoon
March 21, 2012
She rose to true A-list status with her role as the blonde sorority queen Elle Woods in Legally Blonde and later won an Oscar for her powerful portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. Here are five things you may not know about Reese Witherspoon, who is rumored to be pregnant with her third child with husband Jim Toth.
1. Born Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon March 22, 1976 in New Orleans, LA, her father was a military surgeon and her mother a registered nurse.
2. Studied English literature at Stanford University.
3. Landed the lead role in 1991's The Man in the Moon after answering a call for extras in her hometown newspaper.
4. Is a descendant of John Witherspoon, a signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence.
5. Serves as Avon's first ever Global Ambassador, with the goal of raising awareness about breast cancer and domestic violence.