Alberto E. Rodriguez/ Getty Images
5 Things You Don't Know About Jessica Simpson
April 04, 2012
Known for her high-profile marriage to boy bander Nick Lachey, this singer/actress famously rocked Daisy Dukes in 2005's The Dukes of Hazzard. Her reputation as a lover got a boost from John Mayer when he once referred to her as "sexual napalm." Now she's in the headlines for quickly packing on the pounds while pregnant with hubby Eric Johnson's baby. Here are five things you may not know about Jessica Simpson.
1. Born July 10, 1980 in Abilene, TX - her mother was a homemaker and her father a youth minister and psychologist.
2. At 12 years old, made it to the final audition to become a Mouseketeer on The New Mickey Mouse Club, but she told People magazine she screwed up her performance at the last minute. "I froze and forgot everything."
3. Earned the knickname "rabbit" because of her prominent teeth. "I can make the best bunny face," she once said. "No one can stay mad at me when I do the bunny face."
4. Turned down a part in the 2000 film Coyote Ugly.
5. Is referenced in the band Bowling for Soup's song High School Never Ends.