Jason Merritt/ Getty Images
5 Things You Don't Know About Neil
December 12, 2011
He plays the lovable bachelor Barney on How I Met Your Mother and in real-life he's the father of twins along with his spouse David Burtka. Here are five things you probably don't know about Neil Patrick Harris.
1. Grew up in New Mexico and attended the same high school in Albuquerque as actor Freddie Prinze Jr.
2. His first acting gig was playing Toto in an elementary school production of The Wizard of Oz.
3. Both of his parents are lawyers.
4. He is an amateur magician and has performed tricks on both David Letterman and Jay Leno's late-night shows.
5. Is known for guzzling Red Bull on the set of How I Met Your Mother, so the energy drink company decided to give him a lifetime supply of the beverage.