Jason Merritt/ Getty Images
5 Things You Don't Know About Justin Theroux
August 13, 2012
Check out these five things you probably don't know about this Wanderlust star and new fiancé of Hollywood A-lister Jennifer Aniston!
1. Born Justin Paul Theroux on August 10, 1971 in Washington D.C. -- his father was a corporate lawyer and his mother a journalist and author.
2. Turned down an invitation to screen-test for Jennifer's sitcom Friends. About turning down the opportunity to try out for the successful show, he told Entertainment Weekly, 'Who wouldn't want to be a bazillionaire, but I don't really regret it.''
3. In addition to acting and directing he's written several screenplays for successful films, including Tropic Thunder, Iron Man 2 and Rock of Ages.
4. He appears in a (darkly shot) music video for Muse's Hysteria in which he portrays a man who gradually becomes enraged and trashes a hotel room.
5. On Jennifer's reaction to his growing a beard to portray a cult leader in Wanderlust, he remained vague in an interview with GQ: "Certain chicks dig it, certain chicks don't." Interestingly, the beard vanished days after the interview!