Kevin Winter/ Getty Images
5 Things You Don't Know About Anderson Cooper
July 02, 2012
Anderson Cooper just came out as gay and proud and explained why he waited so long to publicly reveal his sexuality. Here are five things you may not know about this respected newsman and talk show host, whose occasional on-air giggle fits have made headlines of their own.
1. Born Anderson Hays Cooper on June 3, 1967 into one of New York City's wealthiest and most respected families, the Vanderbilt's. His mother is prominent socialite and pioneering jeans designer Gloria Vanderbilt.
2. Made his TV debut at age 3 with his mom on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
3. Suffered from dyslexia as a child.
4. His brown hair began turning gray when he was 20 and he now refers to the color as "salt-and-pepper." He also admits to fantasizing about getting a Mohawk.
5. Worked as an intern for the CIA.