Five Fun Facts About Zooey Deschanel
November 02, 2011
Zooey Deschanel is now making headlines for her split from husband Ben Gibbard -- the front man for Death Cab for Cutie -- after two years of marriage. But Zooey also plays a single woman in the new FOX comedy New Girl -- a woman in her 20s who suffers a bad breakup and ends up moving in with three single guys. Here are five things you may not know about Zooey Deschanel.
1. Her father, Caleb, is an Oscar-winning cinematographer, and her mother, Mary Jo Deschanel, is an actress.
2. Was named after the male character in J.D. Salinger's Franny and Zooey.
3. Went to high school with her Almost Famous co-star Kate Hudson and actor Jake Gyllenhaal.
4. Is the younger sister of actress Emily Deschanel, who stars on the TV series Bones.
5. Attended Northwestern University for a year but decided to drop out to pursue acting and music.