Frazer Harrison/ Getty Images
Five Things About Sarah Wayne Callies
November 07, 2011
Her latest TV role is on AMC's popular zombie series The Walking Dead, in which she plays a wife and mother in the center of a complex love triangle. Here are five things you may not know about Sarah Wayne Callies.
1. Born June 1, 1977 in La Grange, Illinois, but grew up in Hawaii.
2. Her parents are both college professors at the University of Hawaii -- her father teaches law and her mother English.
3. She obtained two university degrees -- her undergraduate work focused on religious and feminist studies and her masters is in theater.
4. Has said that working with gory zombies on the set of The Walking Dead sometimes gives her nightmares.
5. She enjoys dancing -- especially the Argentine tango -- and has taken up low-flying trapeze.