Stuart Wilson/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Sofia Vergara
July 18, 2012
She shot to fame playing the hot-blooded Colombian wife of Ed O'Neill on ABC's hit Modern Family and was just named America's highest paid TV actress! Here are five things you probably don't know about scene stealer Sofia Vergara.
1. Was discovered as a teen in her hometown in Colombia when someone casting a Pepsi commercial spotted her in a bikini walking on a beach.
2. Before her acting took off, she attended school to become a dentist.
3. Says her regular food splurge is cake -- all kinds of it. "I love it," she told Shape magazine. "Vanilla cake, angel food cake, chocolate cake. For me and my son, buying cake at the grocery store is like buying milk. We always have it in the house."
4. At one point considered getting breast-reduction surgery, but says her mother talked her out of it, saying: "God is going to punish you if you cut them."
5. Made a full recovery from thyroid cancer after a diagnosis in 2000.