Stephen Lovekin/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Paula Patton
December 28, 2011
She's Tom Cruise's sexy co-star in the new action blockbuster Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol and got multiple award nominations for her powerful performance in the 2009 drama Precious. Most people also know she's married to R&B crooner Robin Thicke -- but here are five things you probably don't know about Paula Patton.
1. Born December 5, 1975 in Los Angeles -- her mother was a schoolteacher and her father a lawyer.
2. Her first acting role was a small part in Will Smith's 2005 film Hitch.
3. Before getting her break as a star, she worked as a segment producer for the Discovery Channel series Medical Diaries, which required her to coordinate the filming of surgical procedures.
4. Provided additional vocals for Usher's multi-platinum album Confessions on the song Can U Handle It, which was co-written by husband Robin Thicke.
5. Is close friends with Queen Latifah, who planned and hosted her baby shower in 2010.