Stephen Lovekin/ Getty Images
5 Things You Don't Know About Gisele Bundchen
February 08, 2012
She quickly rose through the modeling world to eventually become the world's highest-paid supermodel by the age of 26 and later gained fame for her high-profile relationship with Leonardo DiCaprio. Her post Super Bowl comments on Sunday about some teammates of her quarterback husband Tom Brady went viral.
1. Born July 20, 1980, in Brazil, her father worked as a university professor and her mother as a bank clerk. She is of German heritage on both sides and has a fraternal twin sister, Patricia, as well as four other sisters.
2. Discovered at age 14 in a Brazilian fashion mall.
3. Was considered for the role of Alex Munday in Charlie's Angels, the part that eventually went to Lucy Liu.
4. In 2000, was dubbed the "Boobs from Brazil" by tabloids -- some of which suggested she was partly to blame for the high number of breast enhancement surgeries performed in the country.
5. Trained extensively as a volleyball player and even considered trying out for the Brazilian national team.