Charley Gallay/ Getty Images
5 Things You Don't Know About Rico Rodriguez
February 15, 2012
Rico Rodriguez is known to millions of Modern Family fans as the adorable but very grown up son of co-star Sofia Vergara. Here are five things you may not know about this rising 13-year-old star.
1. Born July 31, 1998 in College Station, TX, Rico moved to Los Angeles at age six with his mother and older sister Raini, who also became an actress and stars in the Disney Channel series Austin & Ally.
2. Confessed to having "a little mom crush" on Vergara when the two first started working together.
3. Says he greatly admires the work of Bruce Willis and has always wanted to meet Spider-Man star Tobey Maguire.
4. While reading for the part of Manny, he said the producers gave him the following advice: "Think Antonio Banderas in a 12-year-old kid's body."
5. Says if he hadn't become an actor, he thought about being a cook, astronaut or racecar driver. "I thought I'd be a NASCAR chef going to the moon," he joked.