Gareth Cattermole/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Rihanna
February 22, 2012
Rihanna is back in the headlines for her controversial music collaboration with ex Chris Brown for a remix of the song Birthday Cake off her latest album. Here are five things you may not know about this sexy songstress and fierce fashionista.
1. Born February 20, 1988 in St. Michael, Barbados. Her mom was an accountant and her dad worked as a warehouse supervisor.
2. After she arrived in America at age 16 to pursue a music career, she auditioned for Jay-Z and was hours later was signed to Def Jam Records.
3. Growing up her mother wouldn't let Rihanna wear makeup, so it's ironic that she landed a contract as a Cover Girl spokesmodel.
4. Is picky when it comes to eating and is said to dislike Mexican, Chinese, Japanese and Indian food. She also hates vegetables, but says she makes herself eat some to maintain a balanced diet.
5. Has turned down several offers to pose for Playboy, but has said she's not completely opposed to posing nude if the photos s are done "in a classy way."