Neilson Barnard/ Getty Images
5 Things You Don't Know About Channing Tatum
November 14, 2012
The newly crowned Sexiest Man Alive is keeping alive his busy slate of movies, with two new ones (G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Side Effects) due out early next year! Here are five things you may not know about Channing Tatum.
1. Born April 26, 1980 in Cullman, Alabama -- he's of Native American, Irish, and French descent. His mom was an airline employee and his father worked in construction.
2. Got his big break in Ricky Martin's hugely successful music video She Bangs.
3. The Step Up star told People magazine that he learned to dance at quinceañeras -- elaborate celebrations for Latino girls turning 15. "It was always funny to bring the white guy out [on the floor] and let him look like a fool," he said.
4. Has said he likes to read movie scripts he's evaluating while soaking in the bathtub.
5. Began his career as a model, for brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, Dolce & Gabbana and Aeropostale.