Streeter Lecka/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Lenny Kravitz
March 23, 2012
This singer-turned-actor first debuted on the music scene in 1989 and was a dominant force throughout the 90s, crossing over several music genres and winning multiple Grammy Awards. His acting credits include The Rugrats Movie (Newborn Baby voice), Precious and the just-released Hunger Games. Here are five things you may not know about Lenny Kravitz.
1. Born Leonard Albert Kravitz on May 26, 1964 in New York City. His father was filmmaker and NBC TV news producer Seymour "Sy" Kravitz, while his mother was actress Roxie Roker, who was best known for playing the role of Helen Willis on the 1970s hit sitcom The Jeffersons.
2. Married to The Cosby Show star Lisa Bonet from 1987-1993 and they have a daughter together named Zoe.
3. Told Maxim magazine in 2008 that he planned to remain celibate until he remarried. But last year he backed away from the claim, telling Details: "I'm not going to deal with that question. I said it, and it just got blown way out of proportion." He added: "Have I experienced enough as a single man? Yes. Yes, I have."
4. Is a distant cousin of Today Show weather anchor Al Roker.
5. Owns a design company that has done upholstery work for several upscale Florida hotels and also collaborated on the design of the presidential suite for Miami's new SLS Hotel.