Michael Loccisano / Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Eliza Coupe
May 21, 2012
She plays the preppy, neurotic character Jane on ABC's sitcom Happy Endings and she co-starred in the final two seasons of the medical comedy Scrubs. Here are five things you may not know about Eliza Coupe.
1. Born April 6, 1983 in Plymouth, New Hampshire.
2. Before becoming a TV star, performed a successful one-woman sketch comedy show at New York's Upright Citizens Brigade and toured France playing a soldier in an all-female version of King Lear.
3. Told GQ magazine that she first discovered her knack for comedy after becoming obsessed with Jim Carrey's Ace Ventura character. "I'd practice it if my parents had company, or they had a dinner party and it got so obnoxious, I think my parents got a bit concerned because I wouldn't stop doing the voices."
4. Has several tattoos, including one on her arm that reads "Live Free or Die" -- the official state slogan of New Hampshire.
5. Said in an interview she "despises" LA's sunny weather and misses winter. "I am so sick of the sun. It's sunny every day. I miss the change of season. I want to bitch about the cold."