Gareth Cattermole/ Getty Images
Driver Drops Assault Charge Against Fox
May 31, 2012
It hasn't been the best month for Matthew Fox following an arrest on suspicion of DUI and public allegations of abusing women by a former co-star, but things are looking up in regards to an assault charge in Cleveland from last August.
A party bus driver who claimed that a drunken Fox punched her repeatedly after she attempted to prevent him from boarding uninvited has withdrawn her lawsuit. Heather Bormann had told the Cleveland PD that the 45-year-old former Lost star struck her in the chest and crotch, and she retaliated by punching the actor in the face.
The pair exchanged lawsuits, but Bormann's attorney said his client "intentionally failed and refused to provide full and timely cooperation and information." The attorney added that Bormann failed to pay his agreed out-of-pocket expenses.
Just the other day, Fox's Lost co-star Dominic Monaghan declared on Twitter that Fox "beats women," in response to a fan asking him to persuade his co-star to join the micro-blogging site. "No thanks. … He beats women. Not isolated incidents. Often. Not interested." A rep for Fox could not be reached for comment...
And earlier this month, Fox was arrested in central Oregon, where he currently lives with his wife and two children, in the early hours of the morning on suspicion of driving under the influence. He must appear in court on June 7.