Jason Merritt/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Amanda Bynes
June 06, 2012
She rose to fame as a young Nickelodeon star and recently made headlines with a DUI arrest. The star has proclaimed her innocence and even tweeted a plea for help to President Barack Obama to "fire the cop who arrested me." Here are five things you may not know about Amanda Bynes.
1. Born Amanda Laura Bynes on April 3, 1986 in Thousands Oaks, CA. -- her mother worked as an office manager and her father was a dentist who also pursued stand-up comedy.
2. In 1999 at 13 years old, landed her own sketch comedy show -- The Amanda Show -- on Nickelodeon.
3. Told People magazine that she had a tough time reading her first bad review in Variety, in which the reviewer called her "puffy-faced." "That's rude - my 'puffy face' doesn't have much to do with the movie...I'm still a kid for God's sake!"
4. Once attended a workshop put on by comedy legend Richard Pryor and actor Arsenio Hall.
5. Her industry inspirations include Lucille Ball and Bette Midler and she's good friends with actors Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle) and Hairspray co-star Zac Efron.