Michael Loccisano / Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Alison Brie
June 20, 2012
She's known for playing former high school dropout Annie Edison on NBC's Community, as well as Pete Campbell's dutiful wife Trudy on AMC's Mad Men. Here are five things you may not know about Alison Brie, who also starred alongside Jason Segel and Emily Blunt in this year's romantic comedy The Five-Year Engagement.
1. Born Alison Brie Schermerhorn in Hollywood on December 29, 1982 -- her mother works for a non-profit child care agency and her father is a musician and freelance entertainment reporter.
2. Began acting at an early age in community theater and her very first role was playing Toto in The Wizard of Oz.
3. Shortly before snagging her role on Mad Men, she got noticed playing a hairdresser in an episode of Hannah Montana in 2006.
4. One of her past jobs was working as a clown at children's birthday parties.
5. Did a body-revealing lesbian-themed photo shoot for GQ with her Community co-star Gillian Jacobs.