5 Things You Don't Know About Benjamin Walker
With Friday's release of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, the world will be introduced to a talent Broadway has known about for ages as Benjamin Walker blazes across the screen as the titular fang-fighting former president.
The 30-year-old is currently featured in the July issue of GQ Magazine, but the article is more of a "drool over this hot photo" kind of story, than long form interview. So, if you'd like to know more about Hollywood's Hottest New Star, here are five things that might interest you!
1. This isn't the first time he's played a former President. In 2010, Benjamin starred in Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, Broadway's revisionist rock musical about America's seventh President.
2. In 2011 he married Mamie Gummer, making him Meryl Streep's son-in-law.
3. Benjamin was originally cast as Beast in X-Men: First Class before dropping out to star in Bloody Bloody -- which was fortuitous for actor Nicholas Hoult since he not only took over the role, but ended up meeting co-star Jennifer Lawrence, who he is now dating.
4. While best known for his dramatic work, Benjamin is also a gifted comic having performed stand-up at Caroline's in NYC and The Comedy Store in Los Angeles as part of his troupe, "Find the Funny" -- which features comics performing in short skits.
5. Next up for the in-demand actor is a role in The Great Wall, co-starring Henry "Superman" Cavill -- the film is a mystery centered around the construction of the Great Wall of China.