Ian Gavan/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Tom Hardy
July 11, 2012
Known to the U.S. movie audience for his breakthrough performance as Eames in Christopher Nolan's science fiction thriller Inception, this English actor reunited with Nolan to star as Bane in the highly anticipated Batman trilogy The Dark Knight Rises. Here are five things you probably don't know about Tom Hardy.
1. Born September 15, 1977, in London, England -- his mother is an artist and painter and his father a writer.
2. Won a TV modeling competition at age 21 that led to his first contract.
3. Was studying at London's Drama Centre but decided to leave early to work on the TV miniseries Band of Brothers.
4. Trained in boxing, Muay Thai, kickboxing and Jiu-Jitsu for his role as a mixed martial arts fighter in the 2011 movie Warrior.
5. Among his favorite drinks are coffee, tea, Coke and Red Bull.