Alberto E. Rodriguez/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Damian Lewis
September 24, 2012
He picked up his first Emmy last night for his portrayal of tortured U.S. Marine Nicholas Brody on the Showtime series Homeland. Here are five things you probably don't know about Damian Lewis.
1. Born February 11, 1971 in London, England -- his father was an insurance broker and his mother served on the board of the Britain's prestigious Royal Court Theatre.
2. After seeing him in a stage production of Shakespeare's Hamlet, Steven Spielberg cast him in the leading role of Major Richard Winters in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers.
3. Says that when filming Homeland, he stays in his American accent both on and off set because it is less confusing than constantly switching back and forth from his native British English.
4. Revealed to People.com that during his first kissing scene with Homeland co-star Claire Danes, the two "hit teeth" and "felt like teenagers."
5. Plays the role of Lord Capulet in a new film adaptation of Romeo and Juliet -- set for release next year.