Burak Kara/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't Know About Daniel Craig
October 15, 2012
Known for his acting diversity and complex performances (such as a cocaine dealer in 2004's Layer Cake and a tenacious investigative journalist in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in 2011), this sexy Brit, 44, is getting rave reviews for injecting new life into the James Bond spy saga. Here are five things you may not know about Daniel Craig.
1. Made his acting debut at the tender age of six in a school play of the musical Oliver!
2. Initially turned down the role of 007 -- revealing his bluntness to Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes: "I said, 'Thanks very much, you need to go away and find the right person."
3. The first Bond movie he ever saw was Roger Moore's Live and Let Die.
4. In response to Angelina Jolie calling him "one of the best kissers" in showbiz, he told the U.K.'s Marie Claire he felt "honored" but added, "she's not bad herself."
5. Is close friends with supermodel Kate Moss and actress Nicole Kidman.