Isaac Brekken/ Getty Images
Five Things You Don't know About Chad Kroeger
August 22, 2012
This frontman for Nickelback recently got engaged to pop singer-songwriter Avril Lavigne after a reported six-month courtship that began when the pair teamed up to co-write a song on Lavigne's fifth album. Here are five things you probably don't know about Chad Kroeger.
1. Born Chad Robert Turton on November 15, 1974, in the small coal mining town of Hanna in Alberta, Canada.
2. Started playing guitar at age 13, and in the early '90s was part of a grunge cover band that also included future Nickelback members Mike Kroeger and Ryan Peake.
3. Placed No. 6 on the Boston Phoenix's list of the "100 Unsexiest Men in the World" -- with the publication citing Kroeger's "massive head, weird face and bad hair."
4. Admits to some behavior problems in school, telling Playboy magazine, "I don't know how many times I got kicked out of school. I just thought it was fun to be bad. To a certain degree I still think it's fun to be bad."
5. In 2002 he wrote and sang on Why Don't You & I for Carlos Santana's multi-platinum-selling album Shaman.