Jimmy Kimmel's Best Emmy Jokes
By JACKIE WILLIS
September 24, 2012
Jimmy Kimmel's hosting duties at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards are gaining mixed reviews, but despite the critics, the late-night host certainly had a few funny moments.
From his opening sketch with the ladies of TV to his Josh Groban collaboration in honor of himself, Kimmel, 44, certainly seemed to give it his all.
In case you missed some or all of the Emmys, here's a cheat sheet of Kimmel's better jokes:
1. "The show with the most nominations this year is Mad Men. The star of the show, one of the stars, the very handsome Jon Hamm is with us. Jon, you gave a tremendous performance this year, and I for one am shocked that you did not win tonight." (Kimmel did this joke in his opening monologue. Hamm lost out to Homeland's Damian Lewis.)
2. "It was a big year for cable. For the first time ever, none of the four major networks were nominated in the drama category. And you can't ignore that. The academy is sending a pretty clear message. And that message is 'Show us your boobs.'"
3. "I think I hear some stomachs rumbling, would anybody like to trade an Emmy for a hot pocket?"
4. "If you're wondering what happens during the commercial breaks, imagine all of the actors from your favorite tv shows in the same room, looking at their phones."
5. "Does it bother anybody else that President Obama said his favorite show is Homeland? I don’t think the president should be watching Homeland for the same reason Charlie Sheen shouldn’t be watching Breaking Bad."
What was your favorite joke delivered by the Emmy host?